Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talent of the week - Swapna koganti


 When I started looking for talent to introduce on my page every Thursday, I realised I did not have to look too far. I'm surrounded by such wonderful and talented people.

Today's talent is Swapna Koganti. She is a dear friend and a published author. Her first telugu book, named 'gajugayi' was released in 2010. Swapna is a software engineer by profession and a writer at heart.

 Gajugayi is the story of Swapna's maternal grandmother Anasuya. The story captures her journey from an innocent little girl to a determined woman. I will mention more about the book in one of my book reviews.

 
The cover page of Gajugayi
Swapna believes todays generation though talented has no time to understand and follow the values and ideals of the past and we barely know about many traditions. She wanted the world to read about her grandmothers life, so they would know the importance of education and sticking to values in one's life.

 Swapna is a voracious reader and loves to write. She hopes to run a magazine of her own someday. She is a keen observer and we can notice this in her writing style. Let's hope this multi talented writer comes up with more such wonderful books. Here's wishing her all the best.

P.S - I know I did not do justice to Gajugayi. I am saving it for the book review :)

No comments:

Post a Comment