Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Engagement Ring Tray


 Since I was a child, I had an affinity towards scisccors and glue. I would cut papers, staple them, paint on them and always end up making something out of it. Creating stuff by myself always gave me a high. From origami to jewelry making, I had tried it all. Making little trinkets or gifts for friends was an everyday thing.

 One crafter friend of mine had a deal with me. You make my engagement ring tray and I'll make yours. I made hers, but she could never make mine as I did not have an official engagement.

The engagement tray


  While browsing the net one day, she saw an exquisite engagement ring tray made with shells and wanted something similar. A couple of days before her engagement I visited quite a few stores and picked up a few plain trays. The green tray got the green signal from her.

 I found this little embellishment which I thought was perfect for the tray. A little stattuette of a girl and guy about to be wed. I used it as the centrepiece of the tray. However, the colors on the litle dolls did not suit the tray. That called for a paint job. I painted the girls lehenga turquoise and the guys turban to match it. Then gave a fresh coat of paint to the guys sherwani, to match the shells. I used acrylic pearl colours for most of the painting. I placed the dolls on a platform of shells and used a discarded spring to add a little glitz to the focal point.

 Apart from the ring, a pair of earrings and a necklace was also being presented, so niches were created for them using the shells. Once all this was done, I added a few star spangles and used transparent, glitter nail polish to fix them in place (Could not find anything else on time )

Voila! The engagement jewlery tray! Though the design idea was mine, I must mention my mom who put in a lot of effort on this tray. I could not give it all my time as I was leaving for Finland the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Yippie this was made for my engagement only. Nice to see the post here... thanks once again achala :)

    ReplyDelete